Thursday, August 2, 2007

Boy #2 wasn't shy yesterday!

Wonderful news: we now know that we have 2 boys!


Yesterday we went to the dr and the sonograms confirmed that Baby 2 is definitely boy! I'm posting a few pictures from yesterday, but I'm not going to attempt to label the twins by name because we're not sure which baby is which since they're moving around. The upper picture is of twin 1 and his fetal heart rate was 158--I accidentally cropped it out of the picture. His brother's heart rate is on his picture--154.

The dr said all is going very well with my pregnancy. My weight gain is on track with where it should be (which I was concerned I hadn't gained enough) so that was a relief to hear.

This picture is of one of our little boys and it's his face. It's amazing to me that his face already has so much detail!

Aaron and I began our childbirth classes this week. We're taking them a little earlier than normal, but with twins, we decided to go ahead and take them while I'm feeling good. The irony is that of the 9 couples present, I was the one who had "issues." We sat is class and learned about the dangers of preterm labor which was very stressful for me because I know that twins rarely are delivered at 40 weeks, as singleton babies are. I started feeling very uncomfortable and had to move next to the fan. (Yesterday at our appointment, I asked our dr specific questions about concerns I had and he assured me that our twins will be fine--not to worry).

At the end of the class, we toured the hospital. I really like what we saw. I'll have a private room for labor and delivery and another private room for recovery. When the nurse explained what all was in the room, I got suddenly very hot and sick. I ran for the door, with Aaron and the nurse at my heels. I thought it was brought on by stress, but the dr told me yesterday that this isn't uncommon in pregnancy, but I've got to eat regularly, including snacks to keep my blood sugar from dropping quickly. He said other women faint from this same issue. I guess I'm lucky...all I know is that I'm going to watch what I'm eating and how I'm feeling better because sitting in the floor in the hospital is no fun! Also, I'm glad that the babies aren't effected by my "fragile condition." I just don't like to worry people when this happens.

Here's one last fun picture from yesterday. What a cute foot!

I'll leave you with one other funny thing that happened yesterday. I had to have blood drawn and I tend to become "fragile" again when needles are involved. When the nurse stuck me, I warned her that I was feeling a little sick and not too good. She yelled for another nurse, but the nurse didn't hear her. She told Aaron to go get another nurse to help with me. Aaron fetches 2 nurses who came running to help. Of course, but that time, I had regained my "mind over matter" toughness and I didn't need anyone to catch me. I told them I just like being the center of attention and I was feeling a little lonely. They laughed and I think everyone was just relieved that the twin momma was OK. I hope I get tougher before Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

DC said...

We are thrilled with the news of two boys! And the fact that you are doing well, Laura. So far, this has been quite an adventure, and I imagine that it has only just begun.

Sonograms are incredible. Who'd have thought that we could view these two boys at this age? Amazing!

Thinking of you, J