Tuesday, August 14, 2007

4 years and still going strong

Last weekend, Aaron and I celebrated our 4th anniversary of marriage.

We had a lovely date--we went downtown and enjoyed spending time together. We hung out in a bookstore and found some fun books (mine was an owner's guide for little boys), went to see a wonderful movie and ate supper.

We (me more than Aaron) had hoped to see Becoming Jane, the new Jane Austen movie, but it wasn't showing at our theatre. I was disappointed about that because I love all things Jane, but Aaron suggested we see Stardust instead. He had read it and felt confident that we would both enjoy it. It was great! Sweet, romantic, funny and perfect for a night to celebrate the promise we made to each other.

Afterwards, we went to appease my craving...sushi! I love sushi! Ironically enough, I had never even had sushi until I met Aaron, but now I love it. Yes, I know that pregnant women shouldn't eat raw anything. Henceforth, I asked our waitress specifically which sushi rolls were completely cooked so that I (as well as Walt and John) would be safe from any kind of danger. I chose from about 7 choices and chose very wisely...a shrimp tempura roll. It hit the spot!

Today I'm reflective of these first 4 years. When we met, I had just graduated from Baylor and begun my graduate degree in Spanish. I was just about to begin my life on my own as a single girl in the big city. Enter Aaron at church. We dated for that first year while I became convinced that this was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

I lived in Spain after we had been dating about a year. That season of our relationship was a very special one. In our time apart, we wrote the most beautiful love letters. I have a scrapbook of some of those letters and I love going back and rereading those sweet promises we made to each other during that time apart. By the time I finished my degree and returned to the US, we knew that we wanted to be together forever. He proposed and I happily agreed to become his wife.

The last 4 years feel like a blur. We started out in a little duplex and now live in a lovely log cabin. We prayed for children and now God has blessed us with them. I'm excited about seeing the wonders that await us in the future.

1 comment:

DC said...

You two are so cute together. What an exciting life together you have in store for you.

Happy Anniversary! -J