Monday, August 13, 2007

Childbirth class--scary moments!

It's been awhile since I've written because I've been scared! Last Tuesday, we went to childbirth class and it was the class all about labor and delivery. Yikes! The videos were terrifying! Also, the baby that was born in the first video was green! It turns out, she was just covered in a protective coating to keep her skin soft in the womb, but the image of 2 green babies growing in me was just kind of creepy, not to mention the pain that goes with this whole process!

I've had almost a week to filter through all this and have decided that women have successfully given birth for centuries. If they can do it, I can do it. God wouldn't have blessed me and Aaron with twin boys if we wouldn't be able to handle the joy (and pain) that comes along with them.

Tomorrow's class is about pain management. We'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

DC said...

Hooray for pain management! You have great strength and determination. You'll handle this just fine! And, boy, is the reward worth it. Or should I say "boys"? J