Monday, August 20, 2007

Fun in Waco

Aaron and I had a nice weekend. We had Friday night supper with 2 other couples from our small group at church. We have taught a toddler Sunday school class this year and these couples have toddlers in our class. It's so fun to chat with these moms because I have spent a year watching their children grow and teaching them the basic concepts about Jesus' love. Also, both of them stay home with young kids so it was nice getting their perspective about the life that will soon be mine.

Saturday morning Aaron worked in his garden. With all the rain we have had this summer, he has had an amazing amount of tomatoes, okra, pumpkins and cantalope. Saturday afternoon, we headed down the road to Waco to meet DC and Judy for supper. I always love visiting Waco because it is home to my beloved Baylor bears. Our original plan was to meet on Baylor's campus by my bears. I just knew that John and Walt would enjoy their first visit to the Baylor bears. DC and Judy arrived in town before we did and warned us to not try to visit the campus because it was swarming with college kids getting ready to start the new term. Instead, we met up for supper. We enjoyed a nice meal and afterwards my birthday celebration continued with some more lovely gifts. Birthdays are fun!

DC and Judy also brought Walt and John some very fun new toys. We've decided that our nursery will have a tractor theme. Aaron and I are already enjoying these new toys. So fun!

1 comment:

DC said...

We also enjoyed the visit and meal. I'm glad that you are enjoying the toys. I hope that Walt and John enjoy them too! -J