Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Fabulous Women of Faith 2007


Just as I had anticipated, the Women of Faith conference was a lot of fun. Ashley and I ran errands around town before we met up with the group, one of them being registering more fun baby things for Walt and John. The clothes are so cute! We went ahead and registered 2 of all clothes, but I don't plan to dress them the same all the time. I want each to have his own identity, but I don't think they'll start to notice for awhile.

We met up with the group and our friend Jenny drove her fun new minivan. We picked up Audra and Shannon on our way. We admired Jenny's new minivan all the way there and enjoyed chatting. We arrived to the conference of 16,000 women a bit late--thanks to my my need to stop for frequent restroom stops along the highway. The evening session was nice.

We went to the hotel and enjoyed time together chatting. Ashley and I turned in around 1:30am. I can't remember the last time I stayed up that late.

Saturday was spent at the conference. The speakers and singers were great. The theme was Amazing Freedom. My favorite speaker talked about how we are all like little birds who have lost our way or been damaged somehow, and we're all looking for a santuary where we can go to be healed. Together, we find God's peace and healing. What a beautiful message!

Physically for me, the conference was pretty taxing. There were lots of stairs to climb and long lines for the restrooms. I did OK, but I was very glad I had Ashley with me to make sure I was safe. By the time we left, I was worn out and glad to be home but my spirit was lifted from such a rich time of fun and fellowship learning about the Lord and spending time with dear friends.

No comments: