Friday, August 17, 2007

Bashful boys for grandma and grandpa

I was very fortunate that my parents were able to attend my appointment with me on Wednesday. I was so excited that they would be able to see their first grandchildren on the sonogram monitor.

Both John and Walt were rather reserved. Here is a picture of one of them. The nurse was measuring to make sure that the limbs were the same size on both boys. Good news--both are still growing at the same rate. Here is Baby 1 smiling for us:I'm actually not sure he was smiling, but I like to think he was. We checked out Baby 2 as well and he also didn't put on a huge show for his grandma and grandpa. I was hoping for lots of movement with big kicks and flips, but he was pretty relaxed, just like his brother. Mom decided that he was praying and this was why he was so calm.
The dr also took a look at the boys and confirmed that both definitely have "outdoor plumbing" for boys. I can now safely register for blue clothes, which will be fun. Both babies weigh .7 pounds and the dr said everything is going along very well. At some point he'll want to see me weekly, but he said that the boys and I are doing so well that I can keep coming biweekly for now.

Besides the appointment, my parents visited me to celebrate my birthday. We had a lovely day together and I'm glad they were able to visit. They gave me a snazzy new camera that I excited to learn to use. Be ready for more pictures in the future.

No comments: