Monday, September 17, 2007

Fall is here!

This weekend, I hosted a ladies spa night at my home and had the pleasure of bringing out my fall decorations. I love fall! The temperature is dropping and heat of summer is letting up. This summer was actually a very mild one for us with lots of rain, but I always welcome fall. I love the colors, the smells of pumpkin pie, the taste of caramel apples at the state fair and the changing colors of the leaves.

My freshman year of college I attended a school in Indiana before I attended Baylor. The leaves were such beautiful colors during the fall! Texas has some nice trees, but my beloved Lone Star state can't hold a candle to Indiana when it comes to the richness of colors during autumn.

Aaron had such a wonderful crop in his garden this spring. He went ahead and planted some pumpkins even though he knew they would harvest before fall. To the right you can see some of those wonderful pumpkins. He cooked and froze the part we can use to cook and we gave a few away. I have plans to bake pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, make pumpkin soup and who knows what other pumpkin recipes we'll find with all of our bounty. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

1 comment:

DC said...

If fall is a little slow in arriving around Texas, we can always decorate to give that illusion. Your pictures are very seasonal with your pumpkins and leaves and all. Very pretty. -J