Friday, September 14, 2007

1st MOPS meeting

Mothers of Preschoolers, or MOPS, is an international faith-based organization that has local chapters in which moms get together. Today I went to my first MOPS meeting. I was a bit nervous because as far as I knew I didn't have any friends going and it seemed kind of weird to me to go before the twins made their grand appearance, but I have made it a priority to build a network of other moms so that I won't get too isolated or lonely as I wait for Walt and John to keep me company.

As is typically the case, the worry was a waste of energy. The ladies at the meeting were all very welcoming and friendly. We were assigned to small groups at tables. This year's theme is "The Home" so all the names had to do with homes. Mine is the Ladies of the manor. How fun!

Just in my small group of 6 other moms, 2 of them have twins, at least 2 others have Aggie husbands and one is a Baylor bear. How wonderful! Needless to say, we all had quite a bit to chat about.

It was a fun group of ladies and I'm looking forward to our next time to all get together.

2 comments:

DC said...

Wow, it sounds like the ladies of the manor were just waiting for you to join them. How wise you are to build this network of moms. It sounds like a good group. -Judy

Michelle said...

Laura, thank you very much for inviting me to read your blog! I've just finished going through your posts and I was especially excited to see the sonogram pictures. MOPS sounds great, and it's good that you got to meet up with the group before you're too tired to go out! Love from NJ - Michelle