Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Best twin pregnancy ever!

Aaron and I just got back from our doctor visit. This was the first time we met with the Physician's Assistant. She told us that my pregnancy is the best twin pregnancy she has ever seen. Wow! What music to my ears--even though I know I'm doing all I can to make sure to take care of myself and our babies by eating well, resting, etc. it was such a relief to hear that we are all doing so well.

Sorry--no sonogram pictures to share this time, but we got to hear the heartbeats and both are very strong. In 2 weeks we will have the 4D sonogram, which means a 3D picture but in motion. Our sonogram nurse told us that oftentimes multiples don't show very clearly in those because the babies tend to be a bit squished together to see much detail, but we're looking forward to seeing our little guys again soon.

We now know that both are in position for birth. Walt is on my right side with his head down. His heartbeat, 145, was consistent with what I've felt from him--he moves gently and slowly. Aaron is convinced that he will take after him--relaxed, easy-going and calm. Walt also tends to move more when I'm listening to music.

And then there's John. John is head up and his head is right up under my ribs on my left side. My ribs are actually flaring out thanks to John putting pressure on them. He is really active and when he pushes up with his feet, he sticks his head high into me. This produces a moderate discomfort and he's only about 2 pounds and 12 inches now. I'm getting myself mentally ready for when he does this as he gets bigger! His heartbeat 161 which follows Aaron's theory that he is like me--fiesty, ready to attack life and never still.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

It's not just John. It's Jumpin' John.