Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Odd conclusion to yesterday's post

Yesterday I posted that since I couldn't go to the mom's night I played the piano and made peace with it.  A wise woman would have left it that way.

Instead, when Aaron got home he fixed the fence (easy fix) and tended to farm duties while I fed boys.  He then sent me on my way to my mom's night.  He wanted me to go and who was I to say no?

I met up with my buddies at the yogurt place and they chatted about the fun of shooting guns.  I was glad for them. 

This is where the story gets a bit odd.  In years past, I've noticed that there are mom's nights that are just a bust for me.  Not necessarily because of the girls there, but it just misses the mark for me for whatever reason.  Last night such was the case.  I was hoping for fun, easy chatting but we landed on one of those mom hot topics.  Suffice it to say I have strong feelings one way and even though I tried to bite my tongue, another mom had strong feelings the other way and I just couldn't not represent my side.  It didn't get ugly, but it wasn't what I had hoped to spend an evening discussing.

I came home in a funk, not even sure why.  I think I had gone out expecting to feel connected to other girls and I left feeling agitated.  Not how I wanted to feel.

That's what's tricky about girl nights.  You pull a favor from husband to have some time for you, and it's not great.  I know better than to get pulled into an argument like that.  I don't want to be that know-it-all that can't have a casual conversation.  Oh well.  Some days are just like that.

No comments: