Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Piano vs shooting guns

Today I let #1 have a Mommy Day.  My boys think these are pure gold.  The other brothers go to MDO and one gets to spend the day with me.  I did one per boy fall semester so they could get their well-check appts on their own.  It worked out well.  Also, #2 loves alone time.  It really resets his battery.  I decided to do another round of Mommy Days so that I could spend some time with the boys and so they could spend their Christmas money.

We hadn't taken them shopping like this before, so they had a few birthdays built up.  Each boy has had his day with me and overall, they've been good.  Today #1 had his day and of all of them, he's the one that is easiest for me to deal with.

It was also easy knowing that I had a mom's night out tonight.  My MOPs group is getting together to shoot guns at a gun range in town.  Don't think I would choose that on my own, but it sounds like a great way to blow off some steam.  Afterwards, we're headed over to a yogurt place just to chat. 

There was a time I went to each mom's night out we had.  And then my husband started collecting animals on the farm.  Now, it doesn't always work out that I can go.  Like tonight.  The electric fence has a short.  He can't work on it until after boys get down (which I appreciate) but after they're down, he has to go do it.  Someone has to stay in the house so that if boys get up or need help an adult is there.  I get to be that adult.

Instead of shooting targets, I'll be sitting on the couch.  Bummer.  When I connected all these dots (at 4PM when I had been looking forward to girl time for 2 days) I made a decision.  My battery has to be recharged.  If it can't be recharged by being with friends, I can recharge at home by playing the piano.  So I did.  Nice and loudly for 30 minutes while the boys were told to leave me in peace.  They did.  Very good.

Husband will be home before long and I can be at my best for him.  Pianos are good things.

No comments: