Friday, September 21, 2012

Cake decorating fun

Two weeks ago I had never decorated a cake before.  Didn't think I could do it. 

But instead of cowering in fear of the icing, I attempted a monster truck cake.  It was greatly appreciated by my 3-year-old son.

Today I was a bit more ambitious and decorated for the next birthday boy.  I used a toy truck to sketch out the basic shape, trimmed the cake down for the windshield and iced the details.  I'm very pleased with the result.

My husband's response to it was great:  "Did you get a little hungry?  Did you nibble a bit here off the corner?"  Not quite the comment one hopes to receive for a masterpiece, but I'll survive.

My son's response was also telling as to the interest in my family for the art of cake decorating.  "Mom, is this a pumper truck or a ladder truck?"  Not "Gee thanks, Mom.  This made my day."  Oh well.  That's why I post things on this blog--to share triumphs with the masses so someone out there can nod her head and say, "Good for you, Laura.  You tried something new and succeeded."

No comments: