Monday, December 3, 2012

Toy closet success

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving surprise:  my wonderful MIL whisked my boys away to her house for the Monday and Tuesday before Thanksgiving.  My husband had to work Monday and Tuesday, so we met halfway Sunday after church, switched boys to her car and they had loads of fun with her and my FIL while I had some time to just rest.

I'm not great at resting.  I'm getting better at it, but I'm nowhere near as good at it as I wish I was.  I did take all of an hour to clean out the toy closet.  I gave a few things away but mostly I just rearranged it.  Not a huge thing, but it sure is a nice feeling when I open that door daily for room time and every toy is in its place.  Until Christmas when I know I'll have to rearrange again.  Oh well. 

Beyond that, I just took it slow.  No huge shopping trips.  Nothing for Christmas.  I just didn't want to.  So, I went to the library and got some books and DVDs for me.  I read an Evanovich.  Not classical literature, but one of the authors that makes me laugh out loud.  I also read the next Ann of Green Gables.  I didn't read them as a girl and have been hugely blessed by reading them now.  Side note--I'm on #8, the last of the series.  I'm a third of the way through and I've decided to not finish it.  I never do this, but it's just too sad.  World War I is going on and I just see the tragedy that's about to hit.  It's just too much.  Anyway.

I checked out a free form yoga DVD (yes, as weird as it sounds) and a bellydancing DVD.  It was very fun and a nice workout.

I have to brag--the first weekend of Dec came and went and I didn't nag my husband about decorating the house for Christmas.  We'll do it next weekend.  It will still be fantastic.  I took the twins to the town Christmas parade and it was great!  Very fun.  I've given up on expecting the whole family to share every moment.  Sometimes my husband doesn't want to do things that I do.  Instead of getting huffy about it, I just accept it.  He took #3 to breakfast, Lowe's and the feed store.  They both had a great time. 

No comments: