Thursday, December 27, 2012

Moving more

My friend had borrowed the book, The Me Project, and returned it to me a few weeks ago.  I decided with Christmas looming, to wait to pull it back out until after the excitement of the holidays ebbed a bit.  When I do, I'll follow the book's advice to choose one of my 50 goals and take action to make it happen.

Today I reviewed my 50 goals. It was neat--if I make progress towards a goal, I write a little snipit and date it.  Today I got to write some updates.  Felt good.

One of the goals that I think is most pressing is to move more.  It's not that I'm inactive, but I'm starting to see that at 34 if I don't get more active my future might not be so bright.  So, for two days in a row now I've done yoga.

I won't lie--I don't love yoga.  I love how it makes me feel, but I would much prefer a really loud cardio class at a gym that gets my blood really pumping.  Unfortunately, I gave up my gym membership when I was pregnant with #3.  I have to make due with what's available to me around the house.  Yoga is the easy target.  Not earth shattering for me, but something.  I also like hitting tennis balls against the garage door.  My boys don't love that, but not everything is about them all the time.  Until the ball hits them.  Then it becomes about them.  Good thing I'm not good enough to make the ball go too hard and also a good thing that they generally watch out.

No comments: