Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Crossing the river

This picture describes a bit of how I feel today.  I found this toy on the floor just like this and thought I would share it.

Now on to the title of today's post.  #1 was sick last week.  I got it (strep) Sunday morning.  #3 got it Monday.  It's been a fun few days.  I tried really hard to keep it together all day Monday and my boys were as good as can be expected.  When Aaron got home at 6, I was done.  I was laying on the couch, miserable.  He took one look at me and said, "Go.  Now.  I've got this.  Get yourself to the minor emergency clinic."  I did.  2 hours later I had meds for the horrible sore throat.  2 days later I feel fine again.  Such wisdom he has.

I told him last night that I wanted to give him a back-handed compliment.  There are days when I wish he was more romantic.  A bit smoother around the edges.  A tad bit more refined.  But then life hits and he's really, really wonderful.  He'll help with sick boys in the middle of the night.  He'll clean up throw up.  He'll do what needs to get done and not whine.  So very cool.  I'm really glad he's my partner on this road of life.  If I had to choose between a showy guy or him, I would choose him any day of the week.

After this, he told me that in "cowboy talk" I had just told him I would cross the river with him.  On cattle drives, you didn't cross rivers with just anyone.  You could lose cattle, supplies, horses or your life.  You only crossed rivers with someone you knew you could depend on.  He took the compliment to heart.

When God created Aaron, he knew I would be his perfect match.  He knew it would be bumpy and not smooth waters every day, but he created us to cross the rivers of this life together.  What a blessing to know that he's by my side.

No comments: