Saturday, March 30, 2013

Organized happiness

Welcome to our toy closet.  I took all of about 20 minutes this morning and got control of this chaos.  I culled a few things--good-bye Mr Potato Head!--and put remaining toys into plastic shoe boxes that stack.  It's amazing how wonderful the finished product made me feel.  An added bonus is that a friend who has younger kids than mine is going to take most of the things we don't use any more.  Hooray!

Another happy thing to share...I made crepes for the first time this morning and they were wonderful!  I fell in love with crepes when I studied in Europe back before I got married.  Ironically, Aaron makes them very well but getting him to do it is like pulling hen's teeth.  I finally decided to learn to make them.  So glad I did.  They really weren't that tricky and now I feel like a Rock Star! 

I haven't updated in a while...the getaway with the hubs was fantastic.  We had a wonderful time.  We hiked, shopped (my husband enjoyed that way more than I did), tasted wine, ate German food (I wasn't impressed) and my favorite--we went to Luckenbach. 
This is Aaron and me, ready to dance.  Luckenbach was made famous through a Willie Nelson song and in it he says let's get away from the rat race and get back to the basics of life.  That song became our theme song for our getaway.  Aaron was sweet--he made a play list of Texas songs to listen to as we drove.  I don't love Robert Earl Keane and had to keep listening to him, but it was still fun.  Luckenback is a very, very small town that consists of a post office (now a store), a bar and a dance hall.  Really.  That's it.  There's also a concession stand.  We were there for the dancing and weren't disappointed. 

The band was great.  They did lots of covers of the good country swing that is super fun to dance to.  Aaron kept me on my toes--lots of spins and fancy stuff that I had forgotten.  It's been years since we've danced.  It was really great to be reminded that we still can.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...my fear about the dog misbehaving and upsetting Grandpa happened.  Life went on. 

No comments: