Sunday, March 10, 2013

How I do my quiet time

I love my morning quiet time.  I get up early, make my coffee and savor it while I spend time with God.  The top picture shows how I start the time--with the reminder that God loves me.  Period.  Every day.  I say a prayer thanking the Lord for that fact and asking him to bless my time with him.

I then do my "academic" part.  I attend CBS, an in-depth bible study.  This year we're doing the book of Acts.  I do the work for the day, reading the section of Acts and answering the questions.

After that, I review the bible verses I'm working on right now in the spiral notecard pack.  I'll be honest--I'm not making memorization a priority and I should.  I do, however, review these verses and meditate on them.

Next I use the flowered notebook that has my sermon notes.  I read back through them and pray them for my life.  At the end of the book, I have 2 sections that I write in.

One is for recording where I have seen God's fingerprints.  I'll write the date and record how I see God working in my life through people, circumstances, etc.  If I don't have something to write that day, I list something I'm thankful for on the thankfulness section.

I then go to my prayer scrapbook.  On the pages, I have a picture and things to pray for.  When I get an answer, I highlight and date it.  I've been doing it for 4 years now and I love seeing how the Lord works. 

The last part is the book Jesus Calling.  It's a devotional book that reminds me of Jesus calling me to follow him daily.  I often write down the big idea so I can put it on my kitchen counter and it keeps me "honest" throughout the day.

One of my big fears of my twins starting kinder in the fall is that I won't have time for my luxurious time in the morning with the Lord.  I'm trusting that the Lord will help know how to  do it in a timely manner. Until then, I sure enjoy it.

No comments: