Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Holy housecleaning

My title today sounds like something Robin would say to Batman.  But, it's actually from a sermon the other day about Jesus cleaning out the temple. 

The pastor went on to challenge us that "Holy housecleaning" means that we clean out of our lives what shouldn't be in them.  The irony is that just that morning, Aaron and I had one of "those talks" in marriage in which things that aren't working are addressed.  With emotion.  Out of respect for Aaron, I'm not going to rehash that conversation here but suffice it to say I was humbled that I'm not being the wife that I need to be and change needs to happen.

Holy housecleaning isn't fun.  It's necessary so that we can better be who God created us to be, but the humbling hurts.  My pride is stung.

This afternoon my parents arrive to get ready to watch our boys so that Aaron and I can go on our 10 year anniversary trip.  And I'm nervous as a cat.  I'll do a "heart sneeze" to list the worries I have.  That my boys will be horribly behaved for my parents, that there won't be enough food, that our stupid new dog will do something really dumb like excitedly nip (known by everyone in the world as bite except my husband who thinks this stupid animal is fantastic) one of my boys and my parents will be insistent that he gets put down, something minor could happen to a farm animal and my dad (not farm-savvy) would call a vet and we would be out a big fee and I would have to run interference between my dad and my husband, my mom be appalled at the not clean state of my home and the biggie:  I not feel very "wifey" on the vacation but have to figure out how to be that way anyway because that's what you do to celebrate your anniversary.

I spent the last 30 minutes writing up a medical authorization for so that if my kids have to go to the hospital, approval is given.  Fun.  While printing it, the lovely dog peed on the carpet.  Could this day get better?

Enough whining.  Time to write out an explanation of the steps of how to make the TV work.  I was really thinking of adding pictures to the explanation, but decided against it.  Enough is enough.

No comments: