Monday, March 25, 2013

In His hand

Last week I was a mess.  The getaway with the hubs was fantastic, but it threw me off my normal routine of how I do things.  That always throws me for a loop.  Added to it that my household was mildly changed by the grandparents watching the kids and the fridge just deciding to go out, a lot of change was thrown my way.

Change and I aren't friends, but this morning my quiet time served as an excellent reminder that the Bible promises in Hebrews that God never changes.  In Isaiah I was reminded that God holds my right hand. 

With that, I wrote out the "stuff" weighing me down.  I just let the ideas flow.  Afterwards, I highlighted the things I can do to bring about resolution for the stuff. 

Today I have an action plan.  I'll follow it.  And I'm going to choose to rest in the thought that God is holding my right hand, just as He did when I was a child, a teen, a single girl, a teacher, a woman wanting to be a mom, a mom of preschoolers and now a mom on the cusp of letting her babies start kinder.  He'll be there when I drop them off the first day.  He'll also be there with them.

And He's here today.  As I do laundry, make phone calls, start plans for next fall that I don't feel all that comfortable with and as I love my boys.

It's easy to feel out of control because I'm entering uncharted waters for me.  But that's not of God.  God is here, I just need to look to Him for comfort, wisdom, guidance and strength.

No comments: