Thursday, January 3, 2013

The goal to go after

After praying and talking over my 50 goals with Aaron, I decided to go after figuring out what recharges my batteries.

I'm a pleaser.  I was raised to be a "good girl" which has served me well in many ways, but I married a man who isn't a pleaser.  No--he's a self pleaser.  Don't get me wrong--he's not selfish.  He's just really good at listening to himself about what makes him happy.  I didn't realize until marriage how valuable that skill is and how lacking I am in it.  Time to change that.

So, I'm wanting to figure out what delights my senses and just makes me happy.  What tastes, sounds, smells, feels and looks wonderful to me.  What a fun journey!

In The Me Project, there are 21 projects to guide you to achieve your goal.  Project one is listing confirmations that this is a worthy goal.  I journaled a bit on this, but the highlights include:

*my boys wear me down.  A lot.  Figuring out what recharges my batteries will help me get back to "happy mommy" more quickly.

*I'm at a transitional time in my life.  I knew who I was as a single girl and really liked myself.  Marriage threw me for a bit of a loop and motherhood has turned my world on its head.  The other day at MOPs, we were challenged to remember that motherhood is a role we play, not our identity.  Ouch.  I have to remember who Laura is so I can step back into who I am fully, not just in the areas that yell the loudest.  (mommy, wife in particular)

*I'm grouchy too often.  That needs to change.  God created me to be my best--Oscar the Grouch shouldn't be my model.


No comments: