Monday, January 14, 2013

Project 2--to don't list

In project 2, the challenge is to make a "to-don't list" to free up more time as I do the Me Project.

I had actually started one of these thanks to the suggestion of a newspaper columnist.  I had decided I wouldn't expect perfection from myself

There were 6 lines on the page for this, specific to the Me Project, so here they are:
1. Feel bad about how much TV my kids watch.  I know many wonderful moms who leave the TV as ambient noise and their kids are fantastic.  Personally, I don't like having a TV on and not watching it.  The noise grates on my nerves.  But it's OK if they watch a good show.  Time to let that guilt go.
2.  Simplify breakfast.  We regularly eat eggs and waffles with a fruit at the end.  Nice, but it takes a lot of time.  It's OK to let them have cereal sometimes.
3.  Let play-doh colors mix.  Life really will go on if they do.
4.  Let the chores wait.  I'm funny about the DW.  I don't like it to store clean dishes.  They need to be put away.  It's OK if they wait a bit.
5.  Not rearrange the dirty dishes in the DW after husband puts them in.  If they don't get clean, there will be another washing soon.
6.  Be inflexible with mealtime prayer.  I expect the boys to sit like little soldiers while we bless the meal and then they can eat.  Unfortunately, I live with savages who start eating before the prayer is over.  Yes, manners are important, but I think I can relax a bit on this one.


No comments: