Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Happy despite the water

This morning I'm thankful for margin.  My fantastic in-laws were here last weekend and I can just tell that my emotional battery is fully charged.  Good thing it is.  After breakfast #1 told me he had used the potty and it didn't flush the paper down.  Being the plumbing-challenged woman I am, I reflushed it.  Why?  Water gushed out, all over the floor.  I just watched as water flowed.

I took a deep breath, thanked the Lord it stopped and that the room wasn't carpeted.  I got a bunch of old towels and sopped up the water.  I ran a load of laundry.  I thought I had it all together when I realized our new puppy, Buddy (child #4) wasn't to be seen.  He had gotten stuck in a boy's room with the door closed and yes, he had peed on the carpet.  In his defense, this is his first accident at our house.  We got him from the shelter and his previous family did a great job potty training him.

So I got yet another old towel and cleaned up that mess.  Glad the washer was already going.

All this, and I'm still smiling.  Gross things happen.  Toilets get clogged.  Dogs make messes.  But God is still in control and I'm still blessed beyond measure.

Margin is really, really good. 

No comments: