Thursday, November 8, 2012

More goals to add

This morning I was awakened to the howling of coyotes at 2:30.  Really.  Yep, living the farming dream.  Coyotes make an eerie sound.  I couldn't really go back to sleep after that and I thought of lots of great goals.  I'm almost at 50.

37.  Be physically active
38.  Stay in contact with friends
39.  Not allow my boys' choices to affect my attitude
40.  Get certified to teach Spanish.  (As of now, I have bilingual certification to teach Pre-K through 4th grade, but I want to broaden my horizons to be able to teach Spanish classes in middle or high school).
41.  Be joyful in giving
42.  Enjoy agriculture
43.  Wake up with a peaceful attitude
44.  Know my burning "yes" so my lukewarm interests don't take up all my time and attention
45.  Greet my family with a smile in the morning
46.  Let go of the plastic pearls so I'll be ready for the real ones (figuratively)
47.  Live where righteousness and bliss meet
48.  Be a blessing and be blessed as I serve on church committees

Today is MDO and I'm going to celebrate being so close to 50 by doing some "me" shopping at Michael's.  I love scrapbooking and it's time for our new year book.  I start a new book each September with the boys' birthdays.  The front page is going to have all 50 goals on a fabulous Eiffel Tower paper that I found a while back. 

Now that I think of it, 50 goals will probably take 2 pages.  I should get a few more pages for that.  I'm funny--I scrapbook for me, but I get all boyish stuff.  I'm not super froo froo but I'm finally getting to a place where if I see a paper that I just really love I get it.  Something--at least my hobby--should be about me. 

Am I the only one who thinks of everyone around her and then doesn't take care of herself?

No comments: