Friday, November 16, 2012

New #34

#34. Focus on the long range with my boys.

After some prayer this morning, I decided I need to quit getting so upset about the right now and spend more time thinking about down the road.  With my boys, my marriage and me.  I worry plenty, but I need to keep in mind what's worth making important now based on what's important in the long run.

Like sheep herding.  We don't have a sheep dog yet (my husband's burning desire) and since we don't, I'm called upon to help him move sheep from one pasture to another.  I've never herded sheep before and I can't say I'm super excited about it, but my boys aren't quite ready to do this yet.  I'm sure they'll try to help, but I definitely have to be the one on point to make this happen.

Focusing on the short term I would primly wrinkle up my nose and tell my husband I don't want to do this.  More realistically, I would do it but have a bad attitude.  Focusing on the long term, I'm asking him for work boots for Christmas.  I want to enjoy working beside him.  I want this enterprise to be both of ours.  In the long range, I want us to laugh about him teaching me to farm.  I want the boys to remember Mom and Dad working together, hand in hand, to make the dream of farm into a reality. 

No comments: