Thursday, October 25, 2012

Preparation

Last Saturday I got an email from Shutterfly that their Christmas cards were 40% if I ordered soon.  So, I did.  A football game was on and my husband is a die-hard Aggie football fan.  There is not talking during games.  We've been married 9 1/2 years now so I've figured out how to sit with him, be quiet and enjoy the game.

As the Aggies played, I got on Shutterfly and made my Christmas card.  It's fantastic!  And it's at my house!  Hooray!  Before Halloween, I have my Christmas card ready to mail.  As a woman who feels odd amounts of stress during the holidays over things like having to wait on a photographer to get the family picture to me so I could do the cards (2 years ago), wait on shipping to get the cards to me (3 years ago) or the stress of choosing not to do cards (last year), having them ready to go is just really nice.  And they are CUTE!

As I write this, son #2 is happily in his room playing Legos alone while his brothers watch Bob the Builder.  He has figured out that it's fun to be by himself to play sometimes.  It recharges his batteries.  I'm thrilled that he's figured this out because his temper flares the most of the 3.

A box of Christmas cards.  Legos.  Such small things can bring such happiness.

No comments: