Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Baby 1 is a boy!

(I wrote this blog post back in 2006.  The twins I'm writing about in this post are now 12 years old.  Both turned out to be boys).

Today I went to the Dr's office. The Dr said they are both doing very well as am I. They both weigh .4 pounds and by using the sonograms, the nurse could see that they are developing at exactly the same rate, meaning that their arms and legs are the same length. From what I understand, if they weren't exactly the same size at the this point, it could be cause for concern. I also asked if it's possible that the twins will be identical and he told me that it is possible. I had assumed that they would be fraternal because they are both growing in their own sacs, but he said it might be that they are identical. We'll know definitely after the birth and we might know sooner if Baby 2 cooperates as Baby 1 did today.

Baby 1 (pictured at right) moved around a lot during the sonogram and gave us a fabulous "classic boy" shot--there is no doubt that he is a boy! This sonogram picture shows Walt (we're calling him his name now that we are certain he's a boy) but is doesn't show the very definite boy shot we were able to see.







Both babies have very good heartbeats--Walt at 158 beats per minute and Baby 2 at 154 beats per minute.

Baby 2 (pictured at right beneath Walt) was not as active and was in a position that didn't give us a definite shot regarding gender. The nurse and I thought we saw evidence of Baby 2 being a boy, but she said it wasn't conclusive. She said we'll probably be able to tell next time.

I'm just thrilled that Walt and Baby 2 are both healthy are growing. Last night I went to a dinner for Moms of Multiples. It was so nice to meet other moms who have had the same experiences I'm having. I'm looking forward to the monthly events, playgroups and mommy night outs with these neat ladies!

No comments: