Saturday, February 17, 2018

Unfair

The term "first world problem" reminds me that my frustrations are such small matters in the grand scheme of life.  My family has food to eat, a nice home and stability.  But yet I still feel frustrated today.

It's Saturday, the day for cleaning our home.  Back when I was home full time with small kids we did the cleaning together on Mondays.  It was a good system because I had complete control and a low bar for how much they would help.  The house got clean.

Now, I work part time and yes, I could do all the cleaning which in the short term would be easier for me.  My house would get clean and I wouldn't have to fight with my family.  However, I HATE the entitlement of the current generation of kids so I expect my boys to clean.

We have figured out that I become very unpleasant when delegating cleaning tasks.  My husband has taken this from me.  He assigns the jobs on Saturdays and boys do them.  I've had to choose to let this system be the best it can be and not become a she-dragon.

Small caveat:  when the house has to be clean I give myself permission to do it so I know it gets done well.  Not a perfect system but it works well enough.

What's unfair is I'm the only one who cares if our house gets clean.  Why is that my job?  We have 2 indoor dogs.  The dog hair is obvious but somehow only bugs me.  Oh well.

No comments: